Remembrance

For Sunday Postcard Art this week:

I combined an image transfer, a tiny poppy image and my poppy seed head stamp to create this postcard. The background colour was achieved with watercolour pencils by Derwent.

And this ATC is for Wednesday Stamper’s “Asia” theme…

There are about 8 layers on this little piece – I had the brayer to hand and had been working on my altered board book, which I have neglected this week as I’ve been so busy with other things! I got completely sticky with paint and glazing liquid, amongst other things… but it was very enjoyable.

Vintage stash!

This is a ‘vintage’ piece I’m working on for my bookish friend Cath. The images are bubblegum cards from the 50s, given to me by DD’s boss Mike, who’s an antiques dealer. He now knows how much I love old photos and lets me raid his house-clearance boxes from time to time!

A couple of weeks ago at the Car Booty we work on Sundays, I went to my favourite stall and picked up 4 small wooden boards – this is one of them. I knew immediately they’d make great little wall-plaques. I’ve fitted a hanger to the back of this one for Cath so she can hang it if she wants to!

I took a page from a dictionary and brayered metallic inks on it – just playing, then pva’d it to the board. I adhered the bubblegum cards on top and pva’d them too. Before that, I inked the outside of the board with 2 shades of brown inks and distressed the front edge a bit for interest.

This afternoon, I’m going up to finish it – not quite sure how it’ll turn out, but I have a few ideas in my overcowded noggin! When it’s all done, I’ll post a pic on here and send it off to her!! I’m going to play with the large eyelets she sent me too, ‘cos I lurve my crop-a-dile sooooo!!

Aunty’s monthly scrapbook challenge

What is it about collage that’s so much fun? I had such a blast putting this LO together – from brayering the inks onto the textured cardstock, to adding all my handmade bits n bobs, finding the font for the title and then adding the CRAFTS tiles… The worst bit for me is waiting for things to dry! I get too enthused and I’m training myself to place my pieces and prep as I go, which is not easy when you’re impatient to complete a project.

The clock is a Tanda stamps image, stamped onto an old page from a dictionary I was given by a friend who sells books (and chucks them outif they’re not saleable – or my way!!); PVA & water glaze mix was used to stick it to mountboard. Wait for it to dry and then cut it out carefully with a sharp craft knife.

The gold block is actually a Cherry Pie Art stamps “Let there be light” image staped onto a similar background, but deep embossed! It just looks lush in RL.

Last night my BB connection was on and off like a tart’s knickers, so I gave up and started work on some of the September Design Team projects – acetate, acetate, acetate!! I prepped a christmas image (bah humbug!) and a ‘male’ card for a dear friend – two birds with one housebrick, as it were! But I can’t share those with you till the end of the month because some of the members read my blog (DOH!). Ah well, tempus fugit…. 😉