Cards for consideration by Queen Kat

I have 3 cards to show today which have been designed and created in response to the Queen Kat Designs Royal Court Call. I saw the call advertised on LindaB’s Facebook and went to investigate. It has been a while since I was part of a design team and I miss the challenge, the brainstorming and of course, the stamps!

Those of you who are regular blogging pals and vistors/followers all know how much I enjoy experimenting, characterisations and sharing my absurd sense of humour, aswell as the how and why I do what I do… So, it should come as no surprise to you all, that this is a series of 3 simple and complex cards, rich in technique and grungey in appearance! The series is called “Variation on a theme”  taken from one of my old Piano books. No more than one whole sheet assisted in the creation of these cards! So, to Entry #1:

"Variation by degrees..."

They, (discontinued Anita’s stamp), look as though they’re reaching for the sun, don’t they? Card bases are all Fabriano Watercolour notelets – A5 size (about 4″x6″) – fab quality and they’ll take a lot of paint, colour, medium, etc. Ideal for grungework! Entry #2:

Slowly swirled, vines and blots – from Home Impressions grunge plate – on an ATC “scraps” background, with a little added artitude, courtesy of a blue metallic Derwent watersoluble pencil and a soft small paintbrush! I use Ranger Archival ink to stamp with – you can’t beat a clear, crisp image and if necessary, I dry it with my heat gun. There’s room along the bottom of this card for a sentiment too…

Lastly, its background reflecting the butterflies in my stomach, entry #3:

Lesson Eight - Chord exercises!

Forgive the play on words – the addition of a “cord” came to me when I realised that I had added dsst to the wrong side of the music! But, it allowed for a little fun, so it’s not all bad. This time, I coloured the Fabriano card with a little watersoluble oil pastel in blues and orange, before stamping the butterflies. The ATC she rises from, was created using the magazine scrunchie background that I referred to in my “African Sunset” post; the angel is from Ria’s Gothic stamp plate and the butterfly background stamp is from Tandastamps in the UK. I used a Derwent Inktense pencil to soften the edges of the music and a black fineliner for accents.

The angel was stamped on book text scrap off my desk and shaded with that Derwent metallic blue pencil and water. I did coat her with Golden’s Polymer liquid gloss – it strengthens the light book paper and adds a subtle gloss. I used dss pads to attach the ATC and the angel and small sticky dots to attach the chord/cord!

I really enjoyed this exercise and hopefully I shall find favour at the Royal Court of Queen Kat. 🙂

As I have used books in music form and for my angel, these  will be my entry for The Three Muses “Books” challenge this week.